7 Tips to Sell Your Santa Barbara Home This Spring
Spring is such a beautiful and hopeful time of year in Santa Barbara. It is also the start of the home selling season. As a Santa Barbara Realtor, I know families are already thinking about moving after the school year.
Here are seven tips that will help you sell your Santa Barbara home this spring:
- Make the Transition to Summer: In winter we let our yard care slip, but prospective buyers want to envision the fun they’ll have in your home this summer. Get your home ready for summer now and help prospective buyers see themselves there. If your garden isn’t completely in bloom yet, consider adding some green plants or even a few silk flowers to add some color.
- Wash the Windows: Let buyers see how the interior of your home looks when it is bathed in the soft Santa Barbara sunshine streaming through your glistening windows.
- Pack Your Winter Clothing: Don’t let your closets, basement or hallways look too cluttered. Pack up all of your winter gear and stack it neatly in a corner or store it off-site during any open houses.
- Let the Fresh Air In: Perhaps your home has gotten a bit musty over the winter or pet smells have built up. Open those windows and let the fresh air pour in so your house smells like spring. Wash any drapes that may have absorbed orders and use a freshener on your furniture and rugs.
- Make Minor Repairs: Do all of those small chores you have been putting off until spring. Don’t let a buyer get discouraged by seeing small items that can take away from the appeal of your home.
- Compare Pricing: Find out what other homes similar to yours in your neighborhood have sold for recently, so you will have a reasonable asking price that can help your home move quickly.
- Get Your Home Online: Most savvy home buyers now start their search online. Use photos and a virtual video tour to make your home visible on the web.
Buyers will be on the lookout now for homes to buy in Santa Barbara because they may be concerned that mortgage interest rates will increase soon. Whether you are selling your Montecito home, looking to buy a home in Santa Barbara, or want to learn more about luxury homes for sale in Santa Barbara, contact our Coldwell Banker real estate office and let us make the whole process easy and stress-free.
SUMMARY: Barbara Reaume was selected to represent the sale of a San Roque house for sale located at 3219 Calle Rosales in Santa Barbara, CA, through the Coldwell Banker Montecito division. The Santa Barbara home is listed for sale at $1,075,000 and was originally received on Wednesday, April 16 2014. The distinctive Tudor style home is a stunning combination of notable architecture, remarkable history, and unparalleled location. This charming San Roque home has stunning views of mountains from the living room and features beautifully landscaped grounds, Wolfe range, dining room, deck and patio, vaulted living room ceiling w/fireplace and updated baths. VIEW LISTING.
If you decide to buy your Santa Barbara home through me, be sure to ask about my monthly special where I will pay for your Home Warranty for one year, up to $500, if you open your escrow with me during the month of April.
About Barbara Reaume – Barbara Reaume is a professional Santa Barbara realtor for Coldwell Banker, with over thirty years of experience. As one of Montecito’s top realtors, people who want to sell or buy a home in Santa Barbara seek out her advice on buying a single family home, finding a condo, or purchasing land as an investment. Visit the website and Facebook page or call 805-610-5403 for more information or to request a quick quote.
Check-out the properties below to see!
556 Periwinkle Lane Montecito, CA 93108
Home Insurance Pro/ 08.10.2014
If you want to sell your Santa Barbara home, these easy house staging tips can help prospective buyers want to close the deal. The key is putting yourself in their shoes and asking yourself – if you want to buy a home in Santa Barbara, what would you be looking for? Luxury houses for sale are not easy to find… but because it is a big investment, it is essential to help your prospects decide to buy. Another good tip would be to rid the house you are staging with any personal things – this way prospective buyers can easily get a clear picture in their mind how the place would look if their family settles down.