5 Tips to Use When Your Santa Barbara Home Isn’t Selling
- Think About Your Home’s Value: Contact me at (805)610-5403 and I will give you my honest opinion as to what I feel your home is worth. If you are attempting to get a higher sale price, be sure to download my “10 Ways to Increase the Value of Your Home.”
- Look At Other Homes That are Selling: Find out how well your home stacks up against the home selling competition. Attend open houses for properties in a similar price range as yours and get ideas you can use to make your home more appealing. If your house doesn’t measure up, consider a few minor improvements like a fresh coat of paint, removing old carpeting or planting some flowers.
- Get Better Pictures: The first place most home buyers stop for information on potential homes is online. If your home doesn’t come across well in the pictures, they are not going to drive by, set an appointment, or attend an open house. It might pay to invest in a professional photographer or videographer who knows how to make your home look more appealing online.
- Listen to Your Realtor: While some home owners can be very competent supporters in the home sale process, it is usually best to listen to the advice of an experienced realtor.
- Ask: If you’re open to the possibility that you might get some tough insights, ask prospects who viewed your home why they decided against buying it.
If you decide to buy your Santa Barbara home through me, be sure to ask about my monthly special where I will pay for your Home Warranty for one year, up to $500, if you open your escrow with me during the month of July.
4th of July holiday festivities in Santa Barbara:
- Spirit of ’76 Parade: The parade will take place on Friday July 4, with a grand march beginning at 1:00 p.m. at Micheltorena Street and proceeding down State Street to Old Town Santa Barbara, concluding at Cota Street. Over 175 nonprofits will participate, with this year’s parade theme focusing on safeguarding our nation’s Bill of Rights.
- 4th of July Fireworks Display: The City of Santa Barbara will again host the traditional beachside Independence Day fireworks show on Friday, July 4. Food vendors will be at the West Beach waterfront from 11am – 9pm, so bring a picnic blanket and set up for a fun day at the beach! The fireworks show will start at 9pm and will last for 25 minutes; West Beach is open to the public during the day’s festivities.
- Free Concert at the Courthouse Sunken Gardens: Don’t miss this free concert of inspiring and patriotic American orchestral masterpieces presented by the West Coast Symphony Orchestra at 5pm Friday, July 4th in the historic Santa Barbara County Courthouse Sunken Gardens. The early performance will allow plenty of time for dinner downtown, and a walk to the fireworks show off Santa Barbara Harbor. The concert is made possible by the support of the Cielo Foundation for the Performing Arts.
- Butterflies Alive!: Experience the magic of Butterflies Alive! at the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History as you stroll through a beautiful garden filled with flowers, luscious greenery, and hundreds of free-flying butterflies. See one of nature’s most beautiful ambassadors and reconnect with nature. Entrance into the exhibition is included with Museum admission.
Happy 4th of July!
About Barbara Reaume – Barbara Reaume is a professional Santa Barbara realtor for Coldwell Banker, with over thirty years of experience. As one of Montecito’s top realtors, people who want to sell or buy a home in Santa Barbara seek out her advice on buying a single family home, finding a condo, or purchasing land as an investment. Visit the website and Facebook page or call 805-610-5403 for more information or to request a quick quote.
Check-out the properties below to see!