Top Tips for Selling Your Santa Barbara Home During the Holidays
On behalf of the office team and staff of professional Santa Barbara realtors at our Coldwell Banker office, I would like to wish everyone a happy holiday season. Our home becomes a symbol of comfort and peace at this time of year. We welcome family and friends to be with us, gather around a fire, exchange gifts, and share fond memories. It’s nice to have everything settled, but some people find themselves in the position of needing to buy or sell a Santa Barbara home during the holidays.
Here are some tips that might make the process of selling your home a little easier so you can still enjoy the season:
- Decorate, but don’t overdo it: Prospective home buyers like to visualize how their family might enjoy living in your home, and the holidays are a perfect time to build this appeal. Put up some tasteful decorations which radiate warmth and coziness, but consider leaving the large inflatable snow globe in storage until you get to your new home. Your decorations should heighten the senses, not overwhelm them.
- Accentuate the positive: Decorations can be helpful when used to draw attention to certain features of your home such as the fireplace mantel or an arched doorway.
- Think about curb appeal: Winter can be a dreary time to be looking for a home. A few festive decorations can add color to the outside of your house and draw in prospective buyers.
- Check your photos: Make sure you take photos of your home at various times of the year so we can show prospective buyers how it looks during every season.
- Christmas open houses: If home buyers are attending an open house during the holidays they are probably pretty serious. Draw them in and help them feel welcome by making sure the house is nice and warm, have some quiet holiday music playing in the background, and put out a few holiday treats for them to enjoy.
As my gift to you, I am offering a monthly special where I will pay for your Home Warranty for one year, up to $500, if you open your escrow with me this month. Whether you are selling your Montecito home during the holidays, want to buy a home in Santa Barbara, or want to learn more about luxury homes for sale in Santa Barbara, contact our Coldwell Banker real estate office and let us make the whole process easy and stress-free.
Happy Holidays and a Joyous New Year!
About Barbara Reaume – Barbara Reaume is a professional Santa Barbara realtor for Coldwell Banker, with over thirty years of experience. As one of Montecito’s top realtors, people who want to sell or buy a home in Santa Barbara seek out her advice on buying a single family home, finding a condo, or purchasing land as an investment. Visit the website and Facebook page or call 805-610-5403 for more information or to request a quick quote.